The School of Science Advising HUB is here to guide you through the advising & registration process.
All students will register online before coming to Orientation in July or August. To prepare for registration, students should review the timeline listed below and look at the resources we have put together for your major.
Academic Advising Consultation Begins
This is a time when students review material provided by the HUB about their curriculum template and course selection. Reviewing the AP/transfer policies, familiarizing yourself with how to use the Student Information System (SIS) and participating or watching your departments webinars to help guide you through registration.
June 17th-June 25th
Listed below is the webinar schedule for each department in the School of Science. These webinars will be a time to ask questions regarding your fall schedule. Information on how to connect to these webinars will be sent directly to your RPI email address.
If you are looking to review a webinar that has already happened, follow the instuctions below in order to access them:
- Click on the Link below the presentation you wish to access.
- Enter the Password (case sensitive) into the box when you arrive on the website.
- Click on the “Show Chat” icon on the Right side of the screen.
- Click on the “Maximize Video” icon on the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click “Play”.
Each program has a single recorded webinar as the content is largely the same between each webinar. If your question isn’t answered in the webinar video, please contact the faculty contact listed beneath each video, or the School of Science Hub directly at ScienceHub@rpi.edu.
Monday, June 17 - 9am & 4pm (Math)
Tuesday, June 18 - 9am & 4pm (Chemistry)
Wednesday, June 19 - 9am & 4pm (Physics)
Thursday, June 20 - 9am & 4pm (Computer Science)
Monday, June 24- 9am & 4pm (Earth & Environmental Science)
Tuesday, June 25 - 9am & 4pm (Biology)
June 24th-July 9th
Registration for Fall 2019 courses will be available beginning June 24th. You will receive an email from the Registrar's Office with the exact date/time of that your registration will begin. Below is a video on how to register using our SIS system.
July 10th & beyond
When you attend orientation you will have a chance to review your course schedule with an academic advisor. Please see the School of Science HUB staff during orientation if changes to your schedule need to be made. You may contact us at any point throughout this process if you have questions.
Registration Resources by Major
- Applied Physics
- Biochemistry & Biophysics
- Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- Computer Science
- Environmental Science
- Information Technology & Web Science
- Undeclared Science/Interdiscplinary Science
- Academic Calendar
- Class Hour Schedules
- Communication Intensive Requirements
- Course Catalog (Academic Catalog)
- Forms, Registration (scroll to bottom of page)
- Topics Course Descriptions
- Office of the Registrar
- Student Information System (SIS)
- Transfer Course Guide
- Tutoring Services
- Registration at Rensselaer | Add/Drop, Cross-Registration, Holds, P/NC, Time Tickets, Waitlists, etc.
- Rensselaer Study Group