Faculty, please use this page when you have questions or need to know who to contact for specific things.

SoS General Info Document

This document has general information about department contacts, building and parking access, office needs, etc., as well as helpful links for policies and procudures. If you have a question that cannot be answered from this document, please reach out to the School of Science Dean's office and they will be able to assist you.


Common Questions:

How do I look up someone in the directory?

The Campus Directory will give you email, phone, RCS id, department, and address for most faculty and staff. If you login with your RCS id and password, you can see limited student info also, including class year, email, department, and RCS id.

How do I use Registration Overrides in SIS to allow students into a closed course or override prerequisites or major restrictions?

Follow this document for instructions: Registration Overrides

How do I get special keys or card access?

Keys and card access requests go through your department. You can contact your department administrator to see what access you are eligible for and then allow a few days for the access to be granted.

How do I obtain a guest parking permit?

Parking permits are now handled by AIMS which your department administrator will have access to. Specify the date(s) needed for the pass and an email address for the guest to accept the permit invitation, your administrator will take care of the rest!

How do I change or update my faculty profile?

Faculty can login at faculty.rpi.edu/cas with their RCS id and password. When you get to your profile page, there will be an edit button at the top. Adding or editing content is self-explanatory.

How do I submit an IT ticket?

Visit the DotCIO IT Services and Support Center website to submit a ticket, or email itssc@support.rpi.edu with your question.


Common Forms:

Registrar's Office Request Form

Authorization Form for schedule conflicts and credit overloads. For registration overrides, use SIS (see above).

Graduate Student Independent Study Form

Undergraduate Student Independent Study Form

Graduate Level Course Request for Undergrads

Late Add/Drop

Export Control Mailing Form

Undergraduate Research Form For Credit


Helpful Links:

Concur Login - Direct Travel – 1-866-492-9839 or cttravel@dt.com

Proposal Resources and Forms

Templates for each undergraduate major

Department Flyers and School of Science One Pager

Room Requests

HelioCampus (formerly AEFIS) Support Resources

DegreeWorks Resources

RPI Brand Style Guidelines and RPI Brand PowerPoint Templates


Student Resources:

Student Handbook

Academic Integrity

Report a Concern

Bias Assessment and Response (BART)

Mental Health Resources

Excused Absenses

Transfer Credit Process

Advising HUB