You can receive your Ph.D. seven years after starting college.
Earn a head start that provides a great time advantage.
Your next stop after graduation could be a fellowship at the Institute for Genomics Research, or the Fermi Laboratories, or the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)... all at the age of 25.
Rising sophmores with majors in the School of Science who have been at Rensselaer for at least one year with a 3.5 or higher Grade Point Average will be invited to apply in the summer before their second year using the Application Procedure below:
Application Procedure for the School of Science Accelerated B.S./Ph.D. Program by invitation only.
- Fill out the three-page application provided below.
- Provide a one to two page resume/curriculum vita.
- Obtain an unofficial Rensselaer transcript from Rensselaer SIS. Your transcript must show at least one school year at Rensselaer.
- Send these three items to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “B.S./Ph.D. Application”.
- Obtain two letters of recommendation, preferably from faculty members familiar with your scientific interests and experience. To accomplish this, fill out the upper portion of the recommendation below, email it to your recommenders and ask them to email both recommendation letters and completed forms to Bonnie Carson (email@example.com)
Please submit all materials by Monday, November 16, 2021.