I was first interested in Partial Differential Equations which I found fascinating because they solve so many problems in 3 and n dimensions in Physics and Engineering. Then while discussing in an informal way a problem in Mechanical Engineering with a group of scientists I was lead to Special Functions and how they can descibe in a compact way the solutions of heat conduction problems. Later (2005) the 'Reimann Bessel Function' which combines the properties of Bessel and Riemann Fuctions was introduced and used to solve Partial Diffrential Equations with time dependent boundary conditions.
Ph.D. in Mathematics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1970
M.S. in Mathematics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1966
B.S with double major in Mathematics and Physics, Dickinson College, Carlisle, PA, 1965
- 1 / M. T. Boudjelkha and M. Aslam Chaudhry, On the Approximation of the Generalized Incomplete Gamma Function Arising in Heat Conduction Problems. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications ( 2000)
- 2 / M. T. Boudjelkha, A proof that extends Hurwitz formula into the critical strip, Applied Math Letters ( 2001)
- 3 / M. T. Boudjelkha, Extended Riemann Bessel Functions, Journal of American Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. (2005)
- 4 / M. T Boudjelkha, On the Approximation of the Lower Genralized Incomplete Gamma Function Arising in Heat Conduction Problems, (2011) presented at the American Mathematical Society Conference in Boston Ma.
- 5 /M. T. Boudjelkha On the Approximation of the Lower Incomplete Generalized Gamma Function Arising in Heat Conduction Problems, Journal of Statistical Sciences, # 8 page 21, 2017