Rensselaer’s Master of Science in Information Technology balances the study of management strategies and technology leadership with advanced course work in an IT concentration. Eleven concentrations are currently available, ranging from Data Science and Analytics to Financial Engineering. Programs are individually tailored to accommodate a variety of entering backgrounds and career goals.
Students who successfully complete this program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of one field of science and at least one other field (science or related).
- Analyze and interpret the scientific literature and scientific presentations in the chosen science field and in the related field(s).
- Contribute to the formulation of important research questions that cross multiple disciplines and assist in the investigation of their solutions.
- Communicate research problems and findings both in written and oral formats.
- Engage with experts from multiple fields to assist in the investigation of important problems that cross these fields.