Dr. Royer obtained her Bachelors (Licence) degree in 1979 at the University of Pierre and Marie Curie - Paris 6 in Biochemistry and Chemistry. She obtained her Ph.D. in 1985 in the Department of Biochemistry in the School of Chemical Sciences at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign under the direction of Professor Gregorio Weber. She carried out postdoctoral studies at the University of Paris 7, the CNRS at Gif-sur-Yvette and at LURE under the direction of Bernard Alpert, Guy Hervé and Jean-Claude Brochon. She then took a position as User Coordinator and Research Physicist at the Laboratory for Fluorescence Dynamics in the Department of Physics at the University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign. In 1990 she moved to an Assistant Professorship in the School of Pharmacy at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where she was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure in 1995. In 1997 she took the position of INSERM Director of Research in the Center for Structural Biochemistry in Montpellier France where, in 2002, she became Associate Director of the institute and in 2007, Director. In 2013 She moved to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute as a Professor of Biological Sciences and chaired Constellation Professor in Bioinformatics and Biocomputation.
Ph.D. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaigne (Biochemistry)
Bachelors (Licence) degree University of Pierre and Marie Curie Paris 6 (Biochemistry and Chemistry)
- Dellarole, M., Caro, J.A., Roche, J., Fossat, M., Barthe, P., Garcia-Moreno E., B. Royer, C.A. and Roumestand, C. Evolutionarily conserved pattern of interactions in a protein revealed by local thermal expansion properties, J. Am. Chem. Soc., (in press) 2015.
- Moutin, E., Compan, V., Raynaud, F., Clerté, C., Bouquier, N., Labesse, G., Ferguson, M.,L., Fagni, L., Royer, C.A. , Perroy, J. , Stoichiometry of scaffold complexes in living neurons - DLC2 as a dimerization engine for GKAP, J. Cell Sci. 127, 3451-3462 (2014).
- Roche J., Dellarole M., Caro J.A., Norberto D.R., Garcia A.E., Garcia-Moreno, E. B., Roumestand, C., Royer, C.A., Effect of Internal Cavities on Folding Rates and Routes Revealed by Real-time Pressure-Jump NMR Spectroscopy. J Am Chem Soc., 134, 14610-14618, (2013).
- Roche, J., Caro, JJ.A., Norberto D. R., Barthe, P., Roumestand, C., Schlessmann, J.L., Garcia, A.E., Garcia-Moreno E., B. & Royer, C.A. Cavities determine the pressure unfolding of proteins, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 109, 6945-6950 (2012).
- Fiche, JB., Cattoni, DI., Diekmann1, N., Langerak, J., Clerte, C., Royer, C.A., Margeat, E., Doan, T., Nöllmann, M., Recruitment, assembly and molecular architecture of the SpoIIIE DNA pump revealed by super-resolution microscopy, Plos Biology (e1001557.) (2013).
- Ferguson, M. L., Le Coq, D., Jules, M., Aymerich, S., Radulescu, O., Declerck, N., and Royer, C. A., Reconciling molecular regulatory mechanisms with noise patterns of bacterial metabolic promoters in induced and repressed states, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 109, 155-160 (2012).
- Roche J, Dellarole M, Caro JA, Guca E, Norberto DR, Yang Y, Garcia AE, Roumestand C, García-Moreno B, Royer CA. Remodeling of the folding free energy landscape of staphylococcal nuclease by cavity-creating mutations. Biochemistry. 51(47):9535-46 (2012)
- Rouget, J.-B., Aksel, T., Roche, J., Saldana, J.-L., Garcia, A. E., Barrick, D., and Royer, C. A. Size and sequence and the volume change of protein folding, J. Am. Chem S., 133, 6020-7, (2011).
- Ferguson, M. L., Le Coq, D., Jules, M., Aymerich, S., Declerck, N., and Royer, C. A., Absolute quantification of gene expression in individual bacterial cells using two-photon fluctuation microscopy, Anal. Biochem. 419, 250-9 (2011).
- Savatier J, Jalaguier S, Ferguson ML, Cavaillès V, Royer CA. Estrogen receptor interactions and dynamics monitored in live cells by fluorescence cross-correlation spectroscopy Biochemistry 49, 772-781 (2010).